Saves and manages frequently-entered text for later
pasting into web page forms in Firefox or email messages in Thunderbird.
Pasting a clipping is accomplished with just two mouse clicks, eliminating the hassle of retyping or repetitive copying and pasting.
Also available from Firefox Add-ons.
Looking for Clippings for Thunderbird? Go to the Install page for download links.
Easy ways to create a clipping
- From selected text in a form field or web page body in Firefox, or from selected text in an email message in Thunderbird
- By dragging and dropping text into the Clippings toolbar button in Thunderbird
- Save the web page address (URL) with the new clipping
Quickly paste a clipping
- Easy access to your clippings from the Clippings context menu in a web page form field (Firefox) or email message editor (Thunderbird)
- Assign shortcut keys to clippings for quicker pasting. Just press ALT+SHIFT+Y (Command+Shift+Y in Firefox on macOS), then the shortcut key 
- Locate the clipping you want to paste by typing its name and selecting it from an autocomplete menu
Manage your clippings
- Organize your collection of clippings into folders using Clippings Manager
- Make your important clippings stand out with color labels
- Backup your clippings for safekeeping
- Import and export your clippings in a variety of file formats
More useful features
- Individual clippings can be pasted as formatted text if they contain HTML tags
- Define placeholders inside a clipping that you will be prompted to fill in when you paste the clipping. Built-in placeholders for the date, time, clipping name, user agent, etc. are also available
- Sync your clippings between Firefox and Thunderbird, or other instances of those applications 
English (United States), Chinese (Simplified), Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Ukrainian
Do you want Clippings in your language?
If you are fluent in English and another world language and would like to help update or add a new translation, consider contributing a translation in Crowdin.
- Clippings for Thunderbird users: The keyboard paste shortcut on macOS is Command+Option+V.
- Sync Clippings requires installation of the Sync Clippings Helper application.